Simple Blossom and Courgette Bake
This simple blossom and courgette bake it’s the most delicious thing you can create with freshly picked zucchini and their delicate and flavourful flowers.
Growing courgettes it’s definitely the most high rewarding task when it comes to home gardening.
I couldn’t wait to have my own lot to get started, and even if we only have 6 plants in total the produce is highly generous for just the two of us and our new family members Elvis and Toshiro, an adorable couple of guinea pigs we’ve just rescued.
You cannot go wrong with simple dish I’m about to show to you today.
To me it is just the perfect way to it’s the most delicious yet easy thing you can create with freshly picked courgettes (zucchini) and their delicate and flavourful blossoms.
All you need to do is simply finely sliced courgettes and flower shreds arranged on a tray, pop in a little seasoning and.. bake!
Despite its simplicity, I assure you the flavour is unbelievable, especially if you’re lucky enough to have the freshest home produce.
To nail this easy summery side dish you only need to make sure to follow three easy tips:
1. Only use fresh or reasonably fresh courgettes to avoid the final result being watery and soft. To tell if a courgette or zucchini is still fresh when purchasing, make sure its colour is bright green and its flesh is firm to the touch all the way (especially at the end bit).
2. The secret to have a crunchy and fragrant bake throughout consists on arranging the courgette slices on one or max 2 layers. The less slices are overlapped, the crunchier the outcome will be.
3. Make sure to set the grill mode to your oven in the last few minutes for that extra crunch.
If you love this idea as much as we do make sure to leave a comment at the bottom of the recipe to let me know you have enjoyed it, or simply if you have any questions about this or other recipes on the blog.
Simple Blossom and Courgette Bake Recipe
4 Medium Courgette
10-12 Courgette Blossom
2-3 tbsp Ground Corn Flakes (or Bread Crumbs if not GF)
1 tbsp Vegan Parmigiano “Cheese”
1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Garlic Granules (or fresh Garlic)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Remove the tip and finely slice the courgettes with a mandolin or a cheese slicer and spread well on the bottom of a large tray (we want to ideally create 1 max 2 layers, trying to avoid overlapping the slices too much).
2. Wash the flowers well, remove the stems and simply shred by hand. Arrange the blossom shreds on top of the courgette layer.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and season with enough salt, pepper and garlic granules if you like.
4. Sprinkle with a generous amount of ground corn flakes or breadcrumbs and top with some grated vegan cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 190°C (370°F) for around 20 to 30 minutes, until the top turns slightly brown (you may want to set turn on the grill mode in the last couple of minutes if you like the extra crunch).
6. Serve immediately as a tasty side or later on. It can be enjoyed both warm or at room temperature, according to taste.
If you’re looking for other easy side dishes I can recommend the followings:
– Mediterranean Veggies
– Vegan Russian Salad (with 5 ingredients!)
– Air Fried Vegan Pakora
– Grilled Aubergine Roll Ups
– Speedy Vegan Kimchi
– Air Fried Oyster Mushrooms
– Vegan Cauliflower Hot Wings
– Easy Romanesco Broccoli Stew
– Spiced Potato Curry with Spinach and Chickpeas
– Bell Peppers and Jackfruit
– Light Coleslaw Salad
If you love courgettes and you’d like to be inspired with other ideas take a look at these:
– Vegan Ratatouille Pizza Bites
– Courgette and Potato Bake
– Courgette and Potato Cakes
– Fuss Free Courgette Vegan Frittata
– Courgette and Smoked Paprika Pastry Rolls
– Creamy Courgette and Rocket Pasta
– Courgette Stuffed Brioche Bread
– Potato, Rice and Nori Bake
Did you like this recipe? Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the mail list to receive new posts updates straight to your inbox, and to follow and support my humble blog @avegtastefromatoz on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest!