Hello everyone, hope you’re well!
Today I’d like to share with you this amazing pasta dish that I made up in my mind last night. It turned out so great that I had to make it again and take pictures for the blog!
Due to the recent UK heatwave I wanted something with a fresh taste that wasn’t heavy or greasy. This little baby requires no oven just a quick pan on the hob and is great for a cooling and refreshing meal. My lovely boyfriend was not enthusiastic of the dish at first, but was soon won over after having a taste….. he even had another bowl and added more cherries!!!
So don’t be as skeptical as him and try this recipe out next time you need a quick hearty and refreshing main and I assure you won’t regret it!
Ingredients (4 servings):
300 gr Pasta (Penne)
100 ml Almond Milk
70 gr Baby Spinach
1 handfull Mixed Nuts (Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts)
1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp Tahini Sauce
Lemon Juice (1/2 Lemon)
1 Clove of Garlic
5 Leaves of Basil
1. In a blender combine avocado, nuts, basil, garlic (better to grate it first), nutritional yeast, tahini sauce, lemon juice, almond milk, salt and pepper.
2. Blend until very smooth, then set aside.
3. Cook your favourite pasta shape accorting to its cooking time.
4. In the meantime roughly chop the spinach as shown in the following picture.
5. Cut the cherries in half and remove the stones.
6. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and pour it back in the saucepan and mix it with both the avocado sauce and the raw spinach.
7. Pour the pasta in a serving dish and top with the cherries halves, a sprinkle of mixed seeds, some freshly grated pepper and, if you fancy, some more nutritional yeast.
This recipe is perfect even chilled, up to two days after making it.
Note: I have not used any oil or fat because both the avocado and the nuts naturally contain oils.