Vegan Thai Red Curry Paste
This quick, vegan & gluten free Thai inspired red curry paste is an absolute staple to give extra character to your favourite plant based dishes.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/2 Red Pepper washed, deseeded and chopped
- 2 Thai Chillies red bird's eye
- 2 Green Onions or scallions/spring onions
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon Grass Stalk
- 1 Lime zest + juice
- 1/2 Lemon zest + juice
- 1 inch piece Galangal or Ginger
- 1/2 tbsp Palm Sugar or Maple Syrup or Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Coriander ground
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric ground
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper or black, ground
Wash well all the vegetables and citrus.
Deseed the red pepper and chop it, cut the lemon grass and green onions in 1 inch pieces, ground both the garlic cloves and the galangal root, peel the zest of the lime and 1/2 lemon off, and finely chop the hot peppers.
Combine all the prepped ingredients to a blender bowl, squeeze the juice of both the lime and the lemon, add all the remaining spices and the palm sugar.
Blend until smooth and use straight away.
Calories: 18kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 362IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 11mg