Gooey and well risen, this chocolate brownie cake with raspberries and peanut butter will definetely make you forget you’re on a vegan diet.
An explosion of flavours will accompany every mouthfull of this dessert, perfect for any occasion, from breakfast to afternoon teas.
I used a 7 inches round tin to achieve the cake look, but if you prefere making brownies all you need to do is to use a wider and rectangular container.
Also, this recipe works really well if you fancy baking regular chocolate brownies (just omit peanut butter and raspberries).
Finally, I just wanted to mention that this is my very first post on the “a Veg Taste from A to Z” blog, first published on the 22nd July 2018!
So, even though these pictures don’t look very professional and clear, I decided to keep this post as it is, so both you (and myself) can see how I’ve grown in the course of time. It think it’s fun!
Now to the recipe, hope you’ll enjoy it!
Chocolate Brownie Cake with Raspberries and Peanut Butter Recipe
125 gr Spelt Flour
120 gr Plant Based Milk (or Water)
40 gr Dark Chocolate
20 gr Cocoa Butter
60 gr Brown Sugar
20 gr Caster Sugar
20 gr Maple Syrup
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 tsp Vanilla Extract
Raspberries (frozen or fresh)
Peanut Butter (preferably smooth)
1. Roughly chop chocolate and cocoa butter, add water and microwave at 800W for 40 seconds.
2. Whisk the mixture until both the chocolate and the butter are melted, then combine:
sugars, syrup, cocoa powder and vanilla extract..
3. Sift flour and baking powder.
5. Add raspberries..
5. Pour the mixture in a spring form cake tin coated with baking paper.
6. Add a few teaspoon of peanut butter on the top of the cake..
..give it a little swirl..
7. Bake at 180° C for 20 to 25 minutes.