Cauliflower & Leek Curry Questa ricetta è disponibile anche in italiano.
Fancy a tasty and almost effortless recipe? I got your back!
Today’s recipe is:
a curry = all time favourite, the king of comfort food
packed with delicious veggies and spices = lots of nutrients and vitamins
gluten free = suitable to (almost) everyone*
easy and straightforward to make
oil-free = ideal for those that are following a Whole Food Plant Based (WFPB) diet
..did I mention it’s vegan yet?
Oh, right! I don’t need to ’cause every single recipe you find on this blog is suitable for vegans! 🙂
*except those that cannot eat veggies from the nightshade family (peppers), but they can be easily swapped with any other vegetables suitable for your needs!
Each portion of this cauliflower, leek and vegetables curry with side boiled rice contains:
- as little as 344 kcal – making it perfect for those that are watching their weight, especially after the holidays
- 10 grams of proteins
- Plenty of Vitamin C
- 7.6 mg of Iron – almost half of the daily reccomended amount!
- Vitamin B6 – 42% of our daily need!
- Vitamin K
- decent amount of Calcium
- fair amount of Magnesium
How to make this Cauliflower & Leek Curry
First step we need to enhance the flavour of those flavourful spices. How? Simply place your pan on medium heat and add the ground spices and chopped garlic and chili peppers, and roast them by stirring and tossing it for a bunch of seconds (up to one minute).
Once your spices have started to smell gorgeous simply add the chopped veggies and coat them into the spice mix.
Season with salt and pepper, add a spash of water and sauté for 5 minutes.
At this point it’s time to add the coconut milk. Lower the heat, cover with a lid and simmer the curry for 15-20 minutes (depending on how you like the veggies to be: less time for a cruncky bite, more for softer texture).
Adjust the spices and the saltiness or sweetness (you can add some brown sugar if you prefer this curry to be a little sweeter). Don’t be shy with flavours: this curry is meant to be rich and flavourful!
Last step: serve!
…With brown or white rice, quinoa or any other grains.
You can also enrich it with tofu bites, vegan chicken pieces or mince: the possibilities are limitless!
This cauliflower and vegetable curry is suitable for home freezing and it can also be stored in the fridge for 5 days.
…or you can PIN the following image for later!
Cauliflower & Leek Curry Recipe
..for the curry..
1 Cauliflower (Medium)
3 Green Bell Peppers
350 gr Closed Cup Mushrooms
1 Can Coconut Milk
3-4 Garlic Cloves
1-2 Chili Peppers
2 tbsp Turmeric
1 1/2 tbsp Curry Powder
2 tsp Coriander Seeds
300 gr Rice (white or brown)
black sesame seeds (optional)
1. Let’s prepare all the veggies first. Finely chop garlic cloves and chili peppers. Wash all the vegetables, then: dice the green pepper, cut the mushrooms into halves or quarters, chop the cauliflower into regular bites and finally slice the leeks.
2. Heat a large pan then add the ground spices (curry, turmeric and coriander seeds), chili peppers and garlic. Stir on medium heat for roughly a minutet in order to bring up all the flavours.
3. Once your spices have roasted add the chopped veggies and coat them into the spice mix.
4. Season with salt and pepper, add a spash of water and sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Add the coconut milk, lower the heat, cover with a lid and simmer the curry for 15-20 minutes (depending on how you like the veggies to be: less time for a cruncky bite, more for softer texture).
6. Adjust the spices and the saltiness or sweetness and serve with boiled rice and a nice sprinkle of black sesame seeds.