Spicy Mango Chutney Questa ricetta è disponibile anche in italiano.
Great for curries, as a spread or as a simple dipping sauce, this homemade spicy mango chutney will conquer every palat.
It’s sweet with a genious spicy kick and requires only a few minutes prep plus 30 minutes of cooking time. Less than 1 hour to make a delicious chutney completely from scratch that a) you can personalise according to your own taste, b) it’s not packed with chemical and preservatives as those you find in shops.
I’ll leave here also some nutrition fact for those instrested.
As you can see it’s a great source of vitamin C, thanks to the mangoes which along with kiwis and oranges are one of the best natural sources of this particular vitamin.
Let’s now see how to make it.
Spicy Mango Chutney Recipe
Ingredients (make about 500 gr of Chutney):
2 Very Ripe Mango
100 gr Brown Sugar
50 ml Apple Vinegar
1 Lemon Juice
1 Small Onion
1 Garlic Clove (Optional)
1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
1/2 tsp Chilly Flakes
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1. Combine vinegar, lemon juice and sugar and heat until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture starts to bubble (2 to 3 minutes).
2. In the meantime cut the mango into cubes and finely chop the onion.
3. Add mango, chopped onion, grated garlic and spices to the pan on low heat.
4. After a couple of minutes start rougly mashing the mango chops with a mash potato tool.
5. Cook on low heat until sticky, stirring every now and then (it will require about 30 minutes).
6. Transfer the chutney in sterilised jars, leaving 1 cm from the top. Close with lid and place the jars upside down, in order to create the vacuum, and allow them to cool completely (skip this step if you’re planning to use up the chutney within a week).
Serve it as you please 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you do, take a look to this super easy Cashew Mayo!