No Oil Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Questa ricetta è disponibile anche in italiano.
This Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo sauce is super easy to make, with no oil or fats it will turn your meal into a tasty & guilt-free one!
How to make Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
You only need to have at hand:
Cauliflower (of course!)
Oat Milk (or any other plantbased milk you fancy)
Bunch of Spices (nutmeg & smoked paprika for a even tastier finish!)
Fresh Parsley (for extra freshness, but completely optional)
Then just grab your favourite pasta (I’ve used linguine) and let’s start cooking!
First of all we need to chop the cauliflower head into bites. It doesn’t need to be perfect because we are going to blend it eventually, but try to make them roughly the same size to achieve a more uniform cooking. Depending on the size, half cauliflower is generally enough for 3 to 4 servings. You can use the remaining part to make other special recipes starring this very versatile veggie, such as this Kung Pao Cauliflower or this Cauliflower and Leek Curry.
Second we have to wash the cauliflower and boil with a clove of garlic in hot salted water for 10-15 minutes, until fork tender.
Next step is to drain the cooked cauliflower and the garlic (you can keep the cooking water, full of nutrients and goodness to cook the pasta) and place it in a stick blender glass along with the plantbased milk and the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth and gorgeously creamy.
Isn’t it just beautiful?
Final step is too cook the pasta, drain it al dente (or cook it longer if you like, I won’t judge!) and coat it in the amazing vegan cauliflower alfredo sauce.
You and nobody will tell that this sauce is absolutely oil-free!
A few final tips & tricks:
– Make sure to make big quantities because I’m pretty sure people that try it will come for seconds.
– Alternatively, for an even lighter dish, the sauce alone will make a delicious and cosy soup.
– This recipe works perfectly without nutritional yeast, buy if you’re a fan feel free to top it with some nutritional yeast of vegan cheese for extra flavour and B12.
– Don’t forget to add some fresh parsley on top and some freshly grounded black pepper!
No Oil Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Recipe
350 gr Pasta (Linguine)
Fresh Parsley (to garnish)
…for the Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce…
1/2 cup Oat Milk
1 Garlic Clove
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Vegetable Stock Powder
1 pinch Smoked Paprika
1 pinch Onion Powder
1. Chop the cauliflower head into bites and wash thoroughly.
2. Bring to a boil 1.5 liter of water, add the cauliflower and garlic and cook until fork tender (10-15 minutes).
3. Drain the cooked cauliflower and the garlic (if you like keep the cooking water to boil the pasta).
4. Blend the cauliflower with the remaining ingredients of the sauce until smooth and creamy.
5. Cook the pasta, coat it in the vegan cauliflower alfredo sauce and enjoy with some freshly chopped parsley on top!
This vegan cauliflower alfredo sauce can also be enjoyed as a soup.
The vegan cauliflower alfredo sauce can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
It is also suitable from home freezing (up to a few months).
No Oil Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo
- 350 g (12.35 oz) Pasta Linguine
- Fresh Parsley to garnish
- Chop the cauliflower head into bites and wash thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil 1.5 liter of water, add the cauliflower and garlic and cook until fork tender (10-15 minutes).
- Drain the cooked cauliflower and the garlic (if you like keep the cooking water to boil the pasta).
- Blend the cauliflower with the remaining ingredients of the sauce until smooth and creamy.
- Cook the pasta, coat it in the vegan cauliflower alfredo sauce and enjoy with some freshly chopped parsley on top!
For other yummy pasta dishes do not miss:
– Mushroom Tagliatelle Paglia & Fieno
– Creamy Cauliflower and Mushroom Pasta
– Sea Flavoured Courgettes (Zucchini) and Blossom Pasta
– Caramelized Onion, Olives and Hummus Pasta
– Super Easy Green Bean Pasta Bake
– Pasta with Butternut Squash and Smokey Crispy Seaweed
– Vegan Seafood Pasta
– Pasta with Wild Mushrooms and Parsley+Avocado Pesto
– Creamy Courgette and Rocket Pasta (with Homemade Stracchino Cheese)
– Courgette Blossom Pasta
– Creamy Avocado Pasta with Mixed Nuts and Cherries
– Beetroot Tagliatelle with Mushroom Ragù and Parsley&Spinach Pesto