How to make Vegan Raspberry Linzer Cookies
Vegan Raspberry Linzer Cookies Recipe
Vegan Raspberry Linzer Cookies
...for the pastry...
...filling and extra...
- 50-60 g (1/4 cups) Raspberry Jam or your personal favourite
- Icing Sugar
- Make the pastry by mixing the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, sugar and ground almonds. Add the diced vegan butter and "crumble" it together with your fingers, incorporating it into the flour. Finally, pour the soy milk little by little until you get an evenly combined mixture. Alternatively, add the flours, sugar and diced butter in a food processor and pour the milk from above until it forms a ball.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface about half a centimetre thick.
- Make the biscuits with moulds of your choice. Then make a hole in the centre of half of the biscuits. Choose which shapes you prefer but remember the amount of biscuits will vary slightly depending on the size of mould you use.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (355° F).
- Arrange the biscuits about 1cm apart on a baking sheet covered with paper, then cook for 10-12 minutes. The biscuits must be just golden and still be a little soft to the touch.
- Place the cookies on a cooling rack. They will harden during this stage.
- Fill the solid halves of the biscuits with about a small teaspoon of jam to taste. Do not overdo the filling, otherwise it will tend to leak out, ruining the final presentation.
- Cover with the pierced halves, pressing gently so that the two halves stick together.
- Finish with a sprinkling of icing sugar to taste.