Vegan Russian Salad Questa ricetta è disponibile anche in italiano
Perfect as a starter, a side or even as a filling for sandwiches or a topping for breads, this easy vegan Russian salad is smooth, creamy and refreshing.
Hi guys, Easter is so close and in Italy this super tasty Russian salad is a must on our festive tables.
Perfect as a starter, a side or even as a filling for sandwiches or a topping for crackers, breads and bruschette, this easy vegan Russian salad is smooth, creamy and refreshing.
Only 4 are the main ingredients to achieve this gorgeous plate:
You can make your own vegan mayo by simply blending together 100 ml of sunflower oil, 50 ml of soy milk, 1 tbsp of vinegar, a squeeze of lemon juice, 1 tsp of dijon mustard and a pinch of salt, or, if you’re soy free, try this version with cashews.
Alternatively you can indeed use your favourite store-bought one.
For an extra kick of flavour we can also add some pickles. I normally use just a bit of capers, but gherkins or any other mixed pickled vegetables will do. Just give them a blend to a paste-like texture before adding them to the salad, or simply chop them roughly for a rustic finish and extra crunch.
How to make a Vegan Russian Salad
Making this salad couldn’t be more easy.
We basically only need to dice the vegetables (roughly 1/2 cm per side) and cook them in some boiling water with salt and vinegar.
Then we drain the water, wash the veggies with some cold running water to stop their cooking and mix in both the pickles and the vegan mayo.
That’s how we make this beauty.
I like to mash mine with a potato masher or a fork for extra creaminess. This way we can use this salad as a spread or dip.
You’ll love how versatile this vegan Russian salad is!
You can adjust the texture however you want: chunkier or smoother, with less or more mayo, with or without pickles!
Whatever texture you’ll pick make sure to leave me a comment with your feedback about this recipe. Also make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the mail list and to follow @avegtastefromatoz on Instagram or Facebook!
Looking for other ideas for your Easter table or a buffet?
Do not miss these Courgette and Smoked Paprika Pastry Rolls, these Vegan Deviled Potatoes, this Vegan Camembert Cheese, awesome for sharing, and this light and refreshing Vegan Coleslaw Salad! And for dessert make sure to try my Vegan Carrot Cake with a Twist!
Happy Easter everyone! 🙂
Easy Vegan Russian Salad Recipe
250 gr Potatoes
100 gr Carrots
50 gr Peas
3 tbsp Vegan Mayo
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp Capers (optional)
1. Dice both the potatoes and the carrots.
2. Bring 1 liter of water to a boil, add salt, vinegar, potatoes and carrots. Cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add the peas and boil for another 5 minutes or until the veggies are soft but stil a bit crunchy.
4. Drain well and rinse under cold water for around 1 minute.
5. Roughly mash the vegetables with a potato masher or a fork.
6. Add capers, vegan mayo and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
7. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Vegan Russian Salad
- Dice both the potatoes and the carrots.
- Bring 1 liter of water to a boil, add salt, vinegar, potatoes and carrots. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and boil for another 5 minutes or until the veggies are soft but stil a bit crunchy.
- Drain well and rinse under cold water for around 1 minute.
- Roughly mash the vegetables with a potato masher or a fork.
- Add capers, vegan mayo and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.