Vegan Tofu Roulade
What we need for the Vegan Tofu Roulade
How to make the Stuffed Tofu Meatloaf
Vegan Tofu Roulade Recipe
…for the filling…
5-6 Vegan Ham Slices
Fresh Sage Leaves
Vegan Tofu Roulade
...for the filling...
- 5-6 Vegan Ham Slices
- Fresh Sage Leaves
- Press or squeeze the tofu to remove excess moisture as explained in step 1.
- Add the coarsely crumbled tofu along with the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, nutmeg, garlic and Worcester sauce into the mixing bowl of a blender, and whisk until a creamy and rather smooth mixture is obtained.
- Wait about 15-20 minutes before moving on to the next step (this waiting time will allow the breadcrumbs to absorb the moisture of the tofu). Meanwhile, turn on the oven at 200 ° C (390°F).
- Transfer the dough to a cutting board lined with cling film and, with a spatula, spread the mixture evenly on the cling film, then stuff with slices of vegan ham and fresh sage leaves. Please note the mixture at this stage will still be sticky: no more breadcrumbs!
- Roll and shape the meatloaf, with the help of the cling film. Take care to seal the ends and edges well, and to compact everything well.
- Gently remove the film, then sprinkle the meatloaf with more breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to baking tray lined with special paper.
- Cook the stuffed tofu loaf for about 1 hour, then slice and serve.
For other recipes for vegan “meat” also check the followings:
– Hoisin Duck Wraps
– Seitan Legs with Crispy Skin
– Easy Vegan Burgers
– Vegan Italian Braciole
– Italian Style Vegan Sausages
– Seitan Buffalo Wings
– Juicy Homemade Vegan Wellington
Gluten Free (or easily adaptable) Meat Substitutes:
– Vegan Chicken Drumsticks
– The Best Gluten Free Vegan Pepperoni
– Turkey(less) Roast
– Cheesy Vegan Meatloaf
– Air Fried Oyster Mushrooms
– Cauliflower Hot Wings
– Gluten Free Sausages
– Ultimate Vegan Freekeh Burgers
– Quinoa and Mushroom Burgers
– Vegan “Beef” Stroganoff (Jackfruit)
– Mushroom Souvlaki