And they can accompany all the vegan mains of your choice whether you are staying light or going full in with a luscious Sunday roast dinner.
Some ideas to serve these gorgeous salt and vinegar potatoes are this Roasted Cauliflower Wellington, this Turkey(less) Roast (for a gluten free alternative), or balance out these majestic Tofu Ribs in Homemade BBQ Sauce, to accompany a pie such this Vegan Cheese and Leek Pie or to be served as part of side dishes like the followings:
–Roasted Red Cabbage with Pistachio Pesto
– Vegan Cauliflower Cheese
– Easy Sautéed Savoy Cabbage
– Vegan Green Bean Casserole
– Skin-on Roasted Potatoes
– Giant Couscous Stuffed Butternut Squash
– Easy Romanesco Stew
How to make Salt & Vinegar Smashed Potatoes
Salt & Vinegar Smashed Potatoes Recipe
1 kg Baby New Potatoes
5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
4-5 tsp Brown Malt Vinegar (or Apple Cider Vinegar)
2.5 tsp Sea Salt Flakes
4. Place the potatoes in a bowl and toss with a amount of vegetable oil.
5.Arrange on the air fryer basket so they don’t overlap each other and cook at 220°C for 15-20 minutes, flipping half way. Cook for longer if you prefer them well cooked.
7. Toss them thoroughly and enjoy straight away!
Salt & Vinegar Smashed Potatoes
- 1 kg Baby New Potatoes
- 5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4-5 tsp Brown Malt Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2.5 tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- Wash the baby potatoes under the water and brush their skin to remove all the debris. Place in a stainless steel colander over a pot with a few inches of water. Cover with a lid, bring the pot to a boil and steam on medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Run the potatoes under cold water and place over a baking tray or dish.
- Gently press each potato down with a fork or spoon. Too much pressure will smash them completely, we still want to keep them fairly round whilst having some rough edges and smaller fluffy bits, that will crisp up wonderfully during baking time.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and toss with a amount of vegetable oil.
- 5.Arrange on the air fryer basket so they don't overlap each other and cook at 220°C for 15-20 minutes*, flipping half way. Cook for longer if you prefer them well cooked.
- Transfer the potatoes while still piping hot in a bowl and season with sea salt flakes and vinegar (you can also add herbs of your choice and pepper).
- Toss them thoroughly and enjoy straight away!