All Greens Soup Questa ricetta è disponibile anche in italiano.
Healthy and refreshing soup made of Edamame and Peas, both rich in protein, iron and potassium.
A treat for both the palate and the soul.
Hello and welcome!
Today I have for you a healthy and refreshing recipe that is mainly made of Edamame and Peas, both rich in protein, iron and potassium, enriched with Green Pepper for a bitter sweet note, a squeeze of Lime juice and topped with a hearty Coconut Cream sauce.
I find this dish to be perfect for this season and perfect if you’re looking for something light yet tasty and packed with nutrients.
Plus it’s very easy and straightforward to make, filling and comforting.
A real treat!
All you actually need to do is basically blend together the ingredients after slightly cooking them (yep, the secret to keep most of the nutrients for this lovely soup is not to overcook them).
If you’d like to top the soup too with a silky smooth coconut cream, you can easily make it happen adding as little as 2 ingredients to the main 6!
That’s right, it’s simply a blend of light coconut milk (or drinkable coconut milk from the carton) and a tablespoon of vegan cream cheese/spread (your favourite, really!). And voilà, that’s how you’ll have a mouthwatering cream that you can use as you please in tons of recipes: nachos, pita gyros, salad dressing and, indeed, comforting soups!
Personally I love Peas cooked for max 2 minutes, whether they are a simple background actor of the recipe or the main star of the dish!
Same thing applies to the Edamame, which I very often consume steamed (in Buddah bowls or as a healthy snack) or stir fried for a few moments.
Another plus of this recipe is that it’s perfect to be served both hot or cold, according to the weather or your unique personal taste!
I decided to serve it with a handful of mangetout and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seed, for a bit of texture and mostly for a bunch of extra nutrients, especially zinc, iron and omega-6 (I’ll include both these ingredients too in the main recipe just in case you want to 100% replicate mine).
Of course feel free to give this soup your personal touch and top it with the mix of nuts and veggies you like the most!
Also I haven’t used any stove to make this recipe (only microwave + kettle) , which makes it perfect for hot months when last thing you want is to produce some extra heat in the house!
And if you make this recipe and decide to share it on Instagram or Facebook, don’t forget to tag me for a shoutout -> @avegtastefromatoz or #aVegTasteFromAtoZ and because I’d love to see your personal takes on my recipes🙂
To help you replicate this even more easily I made a video for you that you can find at the bottom of the page or just by clicking here!
If you’re looking for more nourishing Soup recipes, you’ll also love this Brussels Sprouts and Leek Soup, and this Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Crispy Shroom “Bacon” .
All Greens Soup Recipe
2 cup Water
1 cup Edamame Beans
1 cup Garden Peas
1 Green Pepper
2 tbsp Vegan Cheese Spread (Cream Cheese)
1/2 cup Mangetout
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
1. Roughly chop onion, peppers and coriander.
2. Microwave chopped onion for 2 minutes at 800W until soft and translucent.
3. In a blender add chopped onions, peas, edamame, coriander, green pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste and the juice of 1/2 a lime.
4. Add boiling water and blend until smooth and creamy.
5. For the vegan coconut cream: simply whisk together a tablespoon of your favourite vegan spread cheese and 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
6. Microwave mangetout for 30 seconds.
7. Microwave the edamame and peas soup if you’d love it hot (2-3 minutes).
8. Arrange mangetout in two bowls and pour the all green soup.
9. Top with coconut cream sauce and a sprinkle or roasted sesame seeds and…serve!
All Greens Soup
- Roughly chop onion, peppers and coriander.
- Microwave chopped onion for 2 minutes until soft and translucent.
- In a blender add chopped onions, peas, edamame, coriander, green pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and the juice of 1/2 a lime.
- Add boiling water and blend until smooth and creamy.
- For the vegan coconut cream: simply whisk together a tablespoon of your favourite vegan spread cheese and 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Microwave mangetout for 30 seconds.
- Also microwave the edamame and peas soup if you'd love it hot (2-3 minutes).
- Arrange mangetout in two bowls. Pour the green soup. Top with coconut cream sauce and a sprinkle or roasted sesame seeds and serve.