soft shortcrust jam cake vegan Questa ricetta è disponibile anche in italiano.
Hi guys! soft shortcrust jam cake vegan
A few days ago I received an unexpected birthday parcel from my parents and my lovely mum had sent 2 jars of homemade plum jam, straight from my grandpa’s trees. What a pleasent surprise! <3
So I felt like I had to make justice to it. Initially I thought of making a traditional jam pie, simple and delicious, then I remembered that there was one particular recipe that I used to love when I was a veggie, and this consisted of a softer pastry that falls in between the shortcrust and a classic sponge dough. It is in fact less firm than the first and less runnier than the second. And the taste is literally devine!
How to make this fabulous vegan Soft Shortcrust Jam Cake
200 gr All purpose Flour
100 gr Vegan Butter (melted)
60 gr Brown Sugar
60 gr Caster Sugar
2 tbs Cider Vinegar
2 tbs Tap Water
2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Lemon Zest (grated)
1 pinch Himalayan Salt
Favourite Jam to taste*
*This recipe works perfectly also with sweet spread, such as chocolate, biscoff and so on 😉
1. Preheat the oven at 180° C.
2. Combine in two different bowls the solid and the liquid ingredients.
3. Carefully pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry, and mix until well combined.
4. Arrange the dough in a tray, and with the back of a spoon or a shot glass form little caves, that we are going to fill with the jam.
5. Fill each cavity with a generous teaspoon of jam.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. If the top of the cake starts to become dark cover it with some foil in the last 15-10 minutes.
7. Allow to cool completely and serve for tea or breakfast with some icing sugar on top.