The Easiest Vegan Lemon Pound Cake Questa ricetta è disponibile anche in italiano
This easy vegan lemon pound cake is soft, silky, light, fluffy and aromatic, with an irresistible lemony aftertaste.
I’ve been baking a lot lately, especially Christmas cookies. The other day I made two batches of these Italian Almond Cookies, and the day before I also make these Greek Cookies and Castagnelle, all to be enjoyed during the holidays.
And if you are familiar with the recipes, or you just have checked them, you might have noticed that all of these cookies call for a good amount of lemon peel.
That means I’ve got TONS of poor naked lemons to use up.
And what’s better way than baking a lemony and flavourful pound cake?
This is my true and tested recipe I’ve been using since turning vegan. It’s such a comforting treat that we like to enjoy in the morning with a frosty cappuccino or to accompany a cup of tea in the afternoon.
The sponge is so light, fluffy and aromatic. Indeed a nice cuddle for our palate and souls.
I like topping it simply with some vanilla flavoured icing sugar, but you can go wild and finish it with any icing of toppings of your choice, like the one I made for this Zesty Lemon Cake, for example.
This vegan lemon pound cake also makes a good base for birthday cakes, tiramisù or trifles. I’m sure you’ll all be amazed on how versatile this is!
The Easiest Vegan Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
250 g All Purpose Flour
200 g Vegan Yogurt (or Vegan Buttermilk – Plant Milk + 1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar)
120 g Sugar
90 g Vegetable Oil
60 g Lemon Juice (2-3 Lemons)
1 Lemon Zest
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
Salt (1 pinch)
Icing Sugar (for dusting)
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C (350° F).
2. Weight all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well together.
3. Add the lemon juice, the plant yogurt and finally the vegetable oil, roughly stirring after each wet ingredient is added.
4. Whisk or still the mixture until well combined and lump free.
5. Transfer to 1 pound (500 g) tin loaf and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a wooden skewers comes out of the cake clean.
6. Allow to cool down completely before dusting the vegan lemon pound cake with icing sugar and serve.
Vegan Lemon Pound Cake
- Preheat the oven at 180°C (350° F).
- Weight all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well together.
- Add the lemon juice, the plant yogurt and finally the vegetable oil, roughly stirring after each wet ingredient is added.
- Whisk or still the mixture until well combined and lump free.
- Transfer to 1 pound (500 g) tin loaf and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a wooden skewers comes out of the cake clean.
For other mouthwatering cakes and desserts do not miss:
– Vegan Black Forest Cake
– Easy Vegan Tiramisù
– Deliciously Moist Rhubarb Sponge
– Brioche Swirl Cake
– Heart shaped Mini Cakes
– Carrot Cake with a Twist
– Fudgy Chocolate & Sweet Potato Cake Loaf
– Indulgent Chocolate & Raspberry Mousse
– Best Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding
– Amaretto & Rhubarb Crumble
– Banoffee Pie
– Chocolate & Almond Fudge