vegan mini cakes Questa ricetta è disponibile anche in italiano
These delicious heart shaped vegan mini cakes are a perfect last minute bite size dessert. Learn how to make them following a few easy steps!
“Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm’d;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature’s changing course, untrimm’d;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow’st;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander’st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow’st;
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.”
W. Shakespeare – Sonnet 18
This was the reading that my newly wedded husband dedicated to me after we exchanged the rings.
We had probably the smallest ceremony ever, we are both not huge fans of crowds and we don’t like being at the center of attention at all.
But it was romantic, romantic and intimate. vegan mini cakes
Almost as romantic as these indulgent heart shaped mini cakes.
Two layers of blueberry and red currant sponge bound together with a pink whipped soy cream.
The recipe as you can see is straightforward and easily replicable. I would say it is the perfect dessert to replicate for those that are looking for a tasty last-minute pudding that doesn’t lack of taste nor beauty.
Whether you are celebrating with your partner or you just fancy to bake something for your loved ones, I believe this recipe would be a must try that you’ll be baking it over and over again!
Heart Shaped Mini Cakes Recipe
…for the sponge…
160 gr All Purpose Flour
100 ml Plant Based Milk (Soy)
90 gr Brown Sugar
70 gr Vegan Butter
20 gr Corn Starch
8 gr Baking Powder
1 Lemon (Zest)
50 gr Blueberries
50 gr Red Currants
…for the cream…
150 ml Vegan Whipping Cream (Soy or Coconut)
20 gr Icing Sugar*
2-3 drops Vanilla Extract
1 pinch Red Food Colouring (optional)
*if using unsweetened whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven at 180° C.
2. Melt the butter for a few seconds in the microwave and add it along with the flour, corn starch, sugar, milk, baking powder and lemon zest to a blender.
3. Blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Add fresh berries and gently incorporate to the dough.
5. Pour the dough on a baking paper coated 30x40cm tray and bake for 15-17 minutes.
Let the sponge cool completely.
6. Once cool, use a heart shaped cutter to cut out 12 little hearts, each of which will be a layer of our mini cakes.
7. Whip soy cream with icing sugar, food colouring and a bit of vanilla extract.
8. Assemble mini cakes piping some pink whipped cream on top and in between the two layers of sponge, and top with fresh berries and mint leaves.
Please note: For a lighter treat the sponge alone is fantastic by itself.
Heart shaped Mini Cakes
...for the sponge...
- 160 g (1.3 cups) All purpose Flour
- 100 g (0.4 cups) Plant Based Milk Soy
- 90 g (0.4 cups) Brown Sugar*
- 70 g (2.5 oz) Vegan Butter
- 20 g (1.3 tbsp) Corn Starch
- 8 g (1.5 tsp) Baking Powder
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 50 g (0.3 cups) Blueberries
- 50 g (0.5 cups) Red Currants
...for the cream...
- 150 g (5.3 oz) Vegan Whipping Cream Soy or Coconut
- 20 g (0.71 oz) Icing Sugar*
- 2-3 drops Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Red Food Colouring optional
- Preheat the oven at 180° C.
- Melt the butter for a few seconds in the microwave and add it along with the flour, corn starch, sugar, milk, baking powder and lemon zest to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add fresh berries and gently incorporate to the dough.
- Pour the dough on a baking paper coated 30x40cm tray and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Let the sponge cool completely.
- Once cool, use a heart shaped cutter to cut out 12 little hearts, each of which will be a layer of our mini cakes.
- Whip soy cream with icing sugar, food colouring and a bit of vanilla extract.
- Assemble mini cakes piping some pink whipped cream on top and in between the two layers of sponge, and top with fresh berries and mint leaves.
- For a lighter treat the sponge alone is fantastic by itself.
Did you like this recipe? Also try these:
– Easy Lemon Pound Cake
– Vegan Black Forest Cake
– Easy Vegan Tiramisù
– Deliciously Moist Rhubarb Sponge
– Brioche Swirl Cake
– Carrot Cake with a Twist
– Fudgy Chocolate & Sweet Potato Cake Loaf
– Indulgent Chocolate & Raspberry Mousse
– Best Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding
– Amaretto & Rhubarb Crumble
– Banoffee Pie
– Chocolate & Almond Fudge
– Chocolate Brownie Cake with Raspberries and Peanut Butter
– Cinnamon and Apple Crust Pie
– Raw Strawberry Tart
–Rhubarb Baked Cheesecake
– Zesty Lemon Cake
– Raspberry & Rhubarb Panna Cotta