Vegan Lobster Sandwich
This vegan lobster sandwich will remind even the most devout seafood lovers of the coast, plus the flavors are all divinely balanced and tasty – we love it!
This sandwich is a great way to try out some interesting new ingredients. Even in vegan circles, few people are particularly familiar with the hearts of palm, so it can be nice to give them a go in this recipe.
Nori sheets are a little more well-known, but the flavor is distinctive enough to be unique and different. It’s a great choice for these sandwiches as it brings a wonderful seafood flavor to the meal.
If you wanted to change things up within this sandwich, we’d suggest adding a gently hit of acid to the sauce to give things a little bit of a kick. A good way to do this could be to add lemon juice, the classic seafood accompaniment. If you’re a little more adventurous, though, you could add in a vinegar-based hot sauce like tabasco – that will truly give you meal a kick you won’t forget!
How To Make Vegan Lobster Sandwich
This is a great recipe that takes virtually no time to make. So, let’s get to it and make an amazing sandwich!
Firstly, we can start off by draining the hearts of palm, and chopping them to the size you’d like. I’d recommend chunks, but the choice is really yours! Then, set them aside.
Wash the celery, and cut it into cubes a little smaller than the cubes from your hearts of palm – it’s all about balance!
Now, we make the kick of flavor that will elevate this sandwich above one that you can grab from the supermarket. In a large bowl, combine vegan salad cream with ketchup, salt, nori flakes, pepper, and paprika. Stir everything very well to ensure it’s combined and you’ve got no dry spots within the spice blend. Have a quick taste at this point, and then adjust the seasoning if you need to. You might be surprised at how little salt needs to go into this recipe – seaweed is, of course, very salty!
Add the chopped celery, onion, and hearts of palm to the sauce – then toss them to ensure they’re coated very well.
Cut the roll or burger bread that you’re using in half, and then spread half of the vegan lobster filling on each part of the bread. This is the point where you can adjust the size of the sandwich to taste how hungry you might be at that particular moment. Don’t be afraid to go for a big sandwich – it’s really tasty!
Finish the sandwich with a couple of lettuce leaves for added freshness and lightness, before throwing a sprinkle of paprika over your filling. The paprika will give it a gently hit of warmth to offset the richness of the salad cream, it’s a wonderful addition to a great sandwich!
Vegan Lobster Sandwich Recipe
1 can Hearts of Palm
50 g Vegan Salad Cream (Heinz)
15 g Ketchup
1/4 tsp Nori Flakes (ground nori seaweed)
1/4 tsp Salt
Pinch of paprika
25 g Celery (cubed)
25 g Red Onion (finely chopped)
2 Sandwich Rolls or Burger Buns
1. Drain the hearts of palm and chop them into chunks (or more finely, if you prefer) and set aside.
2. Wash the celery and cut it into cubes; chop finely the red onion and set aside.
3. In a bowl combine vegan salad cream, ketchup, salt, nori flakes, pepper and paprika. Stir well until all ingredients are well combined. Have a little taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
4. Add the chopped celery, onion and hearts of palm and coat well in the sauce.
5. Cut the roll or burger bread in half and spread half of the vegan lobster filling on each sandwich.
6. Finish with some lettuce leaves for freshness and a sprinkle of paprika…and enjoy!
Vegan Lobster Sandwich
- Drain the hearts of palm and chop them into chunks (or more finely, if you prefer) and set aside.
- Wash the celery and cut it into cubes; chop finely the red onion and set aside.
- In a bowl combine vegan salad cream, ketchup, salt, nori flakes, pepper and paprika. Stir well until all ingredients are well combined. Have a little taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Add the chopped celery, onion and hearts of palm and coat well in the sauce.
- Cut the roll or burger bread in half and spread half of the vegan lobster filling on each sandwich.
- Finish with some lettuce leaves for freshness and a sprinkle of paprika…and enjoy!