Vegan Torta Pasqualina with Hard Boiled Eggs – Recipe
Vegan Torta Pasqualina with Hard Boiled Eggs
- 4-6 Vegan Hard Boiled Eggs optional
- 250-300 g (8.82 oz) Filo Pastry
- 1.2 kg (2.65 lb) Swiss chard or spinach both FRESH. Otherwise 400g/14oz frozen
- 480 g (2.03 cups) Silken Tofu
- 60 g (2.12 oz) Grated Vegan Cheese
- 25 g (3 tbsp) Corn starch
- Salt about 5-6 grams
- 1 g (1 pinch) Kala Namak salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) White Pepper optional
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1.5 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Make the vegan hard-boiled "eggs" following the recipe linked in post.
- Carefully wash and blanch the chard leaves in a pot with the lid on for 10 minutes in lightly salted water. Then drain, let it cool and squeeze very well.
- For the filling of the vegan Pasqualina: break and cream the tofu with a fork, add corn starch, vegan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. As soon as the mixture is well blended, add the slightly chopped boiled chard with a knife.
- Line a 24 - 26 cm diameter fluted ring cake tin mould with 3 sheets of filo pastry generously brushed with vegetable or olive oil.
- Fill with 1/3 of the previously prepared tofu and chard filling.
- Place the vegan eggs and cover with the remaining filling.
- Close the cake with another couple of sheets of filo pastry and fold the side layers inside.
- Brush with more oil and bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for about 30-35 minutes.
- Allow the vegan torta Pasqualina cake to reach room temperature before removing from the tin, portioning and serving.
Don’t forget to try my take on Vegan Scotch Eggs!