Homemade 5 Minutes Vegan Condensed Milk
How many times we wanted to make a dessert and we cannot go ahead because it calls for condensed milk? To me it happens all the time. Especially when I want to turn some of my family’s most loved sweets to a vegan version.
From toffee to fudges, from pies to custard… let’s face it, it is an ingredient almost VITAL for those with a sweet tooth.
I mean… just look at it!
In my family it’s actually my husband the dessert lover while I’m more keen to savory dishes. But don’t get me wrong, I also DO love a decadent pudding!
Vegan people like us, or those that have an intolerance to lactose, know well how hard is to find one tin of vegan condensed milk in the shops. But not just that! Sometimes, when we finally manage to find it, it is also ridiculously pricey! Not cool at all, especially for those on a budget, am I right?
No need to panic no more! With this homemade recipe for vegan condensed milk that literally anyone can nail your life is about to change…for the freaking BEST, of course!
With as little as FOUR main ingredients (five if we count the vanilla extract that I like to add for an extra zing but it is completely optional) you can have a version that not only is 10.000 times better than store bought, but also at a nail of the price, as well as preservatives, additives and all the junk ingredients free!
All you need to have at hand for this vegan condensed milk ready in five minutes is:
– Soy Milk – for best results, but if you’re avoiding soy products any other plant milk will do;
– Icing Sugar – store bought or homemade just by blending into a fine powder some caster sugar. For an “healthier” version you can use brown sugar instead – just keep in mind the final product will be less sweet and darker in colour;
– Corn Flour – or starch, that will act as a thickener;
– Coconut Oil – make sure to buy deodorized (refined) if you don’t want to have a coconut aftertaste. Every dairy milk or product has a percentage of fat, from full fat to skimmed, so adding a bit of coconut oil will help replicate the exact texture of the dairy version. An oil free version won’t be as good I’m afraid, but you can still make it keeping this in mind;
– Vanilla Extract – as mentioned totally optional and not essential at all but a nice addition for a nice vanilla-y aftertaste.
How to make Vegan Condensed Milk
The execution of this dairy free condensed milk cannot be more easy!
I wasn’t lying (I never do) when I said it only takes five minutes 😀
All we need to is to measure all the ingredients apart from a small amount of soy milk into a bowl and:
- blend with a stick blender until smooth (do not worry if it goes a bit frothy, it’s normal)
- stick into the microwave
- add the remaining milk – blend again (please note that mixture will be very thick at this stage, do not panic and give it all another blend!)
Here it is my friends: a complete homemade vegan condensed milk ready to became a scrumptious dessert (or to be eaten straight from the bowl – I won’t judge!).
More recipes starring this magical and super simple ingredient are coming on the blog, in the meantime hit the button SUBSCRIBE to receive new blog posts updates so that you’ll never miss a recipe!
If you liked this or any other recipe on this blog I’d love if you’d spend some seconds of your time to leave a feedback, it would mean a lot to me, considering all time and effort that I put daily in this little baby of mine 🙂
Sweet tooth vegan? Do not miss these fantastic recipes:
– Indulgent Vegan Chocolate and Raspberry Mousse
– Vegan Rhubarb Baked Cheesecake
– Carrot Cake with a Twist
– Super Easy Perfect Vegan Tiramisù
– Fudgy Chocolate and Sweet Potato Cake Loaf
– Vegan Whipped Cookies
– Oil Free Decadent Vegan Chocolate Brownies
– Grandma’s Greek Cookies
…and don’t forget to PIN this recipe for later
5 Minutes Homemade Vegan Condensed Milk Recipe
250 g Soy Milk (200+50)
100 g Icing Sugar
50 g Corn Flour
25 g Coconut Oil (deodorized)
1 pinch Vanilla Extract
1. Measure 200 grams of soy milk and all the remaining ingredients into a bowl.
2. Blend until smooth with a food processor or a stick blender.
3. Microwave at 750-800W for 1 minute. Stir well then microwave for another 1 minute. Stir well and microwave for the last time for 30 seconds.
4. Add the remaining 50 g of soy milk; blend smooth again.
5. Your homemade vegan condensed milk is ready to be used in any recipe you like.